DONATIONS NEEDED DONATIONS NEEDED DONATIONS NEEDED
The final week of school is actually here!!! Ahh! We can’t believe it! Business Day went so well as usual! Very proud of all you kidos for all your hard work in “Mini Society” this year! To conclude our journey in our Economics Unit, we are going to have an AUCTION with all that extra money you still have in your wallet!
When: Wednesday, 9:15am, in Room 305 (our classroom)
We are inviting Ms. Grow and Miss Alsup’s class in with us for the Auction!
WHAT DO WE NEED!!!
We need some items donated for our Auction. I went out and purchased some items last night. But, we are still in need of some more! So, if it is at all possible we would appreciate a FUN donation that the kids would want to bid on!
We appreciate all your support with this! Please send them in on Monday if possible!
Thank YOU so much!
Friday is a crazy, busy day!
Can Do Kids… I will meet you at the Hawk Walk at 7am.
Following that we will have our JB party
We will take our final Fluency test on Addition and Subtraction and a few clicker tests
Don’t forget about Business Day from 2:00pm – 3:00 pm!!!
Sounds like so much fun!!!
Next week is crazy, busy too with your Play Day, the Auction, Field Day and the
last day of school
We have loved you all so much! Let’s enjoy every last second we have together!
WE ARE STRONG! ONE OF OUR MANY “QUOTES” AS A CAN DO KID! HERE IS ONE OF OUR “CLASS SONGS!”
WE ARE THE FUTURE!!!
Don’t forget to mark your calendar for these important Happenings!
May 13th Multiplication and Division Fluency Test
May 20th Hawk Walk 7am, Addition and Subtraction Fluency Test & Business Day
May 24th Mrs. Newton’s Open House after school
May 26th Field Day
May 27th Half Day Last Day of School
A note came home today reminding everyone that our First Business Day is on Friday! Not tom, but the next day! Some of you have not returned the slip with your parents signature, letting me know what you will be selling! Please bring that tomorrow!
Set up is at 1:45pm and Business Day starts at 2:00pm
The whole 3rd Grade Participates in this Day!
Please make sure to send your child’s items, their sign and their open and close sign with them Friday morning, if you are unable to attend!
Let me know if you have any questions!
Writing Prompts for Earth Day
- Spend at least half an hour outside. Record what you see, smell, hear, taste, and feel.
- Make a list of ten ways you can help keep the planet clean.
- Make a list of ten ways you can conserve water.
- Make a list of ten ways you can conserve energy.
- Create a poster encouraging people to recycle.
- Write a journal entry telling how you are celebrating Earth Day.
- Keep a week-long “Earth Log.” Each day, do whatever you can to take care of the earth, and record your earth-friendly actions in your Earth Log.
- Write a thank-you note expressing thanks for the many resources the earth provides.
- Write a poem about nature.
- What would our world be like if no one recycled? Write a story about such a world.
- Imagine a world with no pollution. Write about it.
- Write a persuasive essay encouraging people to recycle.
- In recent years, Earth Day has become an international observance. But the observance started with one man who saw a problem and who wanted to be a part of solving that problem. What is the biggest problem you see with the world today? Write out an action plan for making a difference.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper encouraging people to take care of the environment.
- Interview a local leader, a school official, a business person, or a friend. Ask the person what he or she is doing to take care of the earth. Write a news article based on the interview.
Please watch for a note coming home this week with all the details!
But, mark your calendar
April 29, 2011 1:45pm-3:00pm
May 21, 2011 1:45pm-3:00pm
The buying and selling will take place in the gym/lunchroom.
Can’t wait- this will be so much fun!!!