Posts Tagged ‘earth’
Writing Prompts for Earth Day
- Spend at least half an hour outside. Record what you see, smell, hear, taste, and feel.
- Make a list of ten ways you can help keep the planet clean.
- Make a list of ten ways you can conserve water.
- Make a list of ten ways you can conserve energy.
- Create a poster encouraging people to recycle.
- Write a journal entry telling how you are celebrating Earth Day.
- Keep a week-long “Earth Log.” Each day, do whatever you can to take care of the earth, and record your earth-friendly actions in your Earth Log.
- Write a thank-you note expressing thanks for the many resources the earth provides.
- Write a poem about nature.
- What would our world be like if no one recycled? Write a story about such a world.
- Imagine a world with no pollution. Write about it.
- Write a persuasive essay encouraging people to recycle.
- In recent years, Earth Day has become an international observance. But the observance started with one man who saw a problem and who wanted to be a part of solving that problem. What is the biggest problem you see with the world today? Write out an action plan for making a difference.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper encouraging people to take care of the environment.
- Interview a local leader, a school official, a business person, or a friend. Ask the person what he or she is doing to take care of the earth. Write a news article based on the interview.
The Can Do Kids did such a fabulous job on this Art Project. We are entering these Earth Day projects in the Ogden Nature Center Art Contest. Good Luck to each of you! I know I am bias, but I absolutely love all of these! They give out Grand Prize, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards. These artistic projects will be displayed in the Ogden Nature Center from April 16th to June 3rd 2011. The winners will be invited to an awards program on Earth Day April 16 at 10 am.
CHECK OUT OUR LATEST VOICE THREAD… WE LEARNED SOME CUTE SONGS TO REMIND US TO RECYCLE THAT ARE ON IT AND WE EACH DECIDED TO HAVE OUR VOICE HEARD ON WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO IN HONOR OF OUR EARTH!!!