Medical Forensics« Older
Select a print (preferably your own) and using the computer, mark 10 minutiae with the appropriate name labeled on the pic. Print and place in lab notebook as the results for the the “Visible Prints” Lab.
BRING YOUR LAB NOTEBOOK!
1. Introduction and demonstration of latent prints & development (5 techniques).
2. Pre-lab for all print labs, procedures found here: Unit 4 Fingerprint Protocols
3. Introduction & demonstration of Plastic Prints
4. Conduct & develop prints for all 5 latent prints, as well as plastic prints.
1. Complete your personal 10 print card with 10 minutiae identified per print box.
2. Worksheet: Fingerprint matching. Turn in during class.
3. Watch videos on developing latent prints:
There are three on latent prints. Watch all 3 of them. Take notes.
4. Bookwork: pg 73, #4,5,7. Answer in your notes/vocab booklet.
1. Trace Evidence Lab
-Complete Part A: drawing and describing the pre-prepared trace evidence slides (18 of them). Attach the result sheets in your lab notebook as Results for Part A
-Complete Part B: Personal Trace Tape Lift
—-obtain the procedure paper – attach in lab notebook as “Procedure Part B”
—-obtain two pieces of packing tape, each about 3 inches in length, follow the directions to “lift” the trace and fold the tape
—-identify 10 trace elements on EACH tape by circling 10 locations. Of those 10, you need to identify 3 of them, and draw and label those 3 trace object in your lab notebook next to your tape. Do this for each tape lift (total of 20 circles, 6 drawings)
—-attach and label tape lifts to your lab notebook as “Results Part B”
-Write your Discussion
2. “Value of Trace Evidence” video. Complete the accompanying note sheet. The note sheet should be placed in your notebook with your vocab and notes. Here is the link in case you need to finish it at home: